HCA’s job application system is temporarily offline for a system upgrade. We hope to have it back up and available some time today. You may still search for jobs, but you will NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY ONLINE.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
ER Tech / Paramedic license required, ACLS,BLS, and PALS required
Under the guidance of a registered nurse, serves as a member of the healthcare team by providing assistance with caring for the Emergency department patient population. Completes basic psychomotor skills and activities related to care. Supports educational structure provided by a registered nurse. Documents tasks, assessment findings and data collection onto medical record.
POSITION SUMMARY: (brief summary statement of major functions)
Responsible for patient care under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
1. Individual Leadership/Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance, opportunities for personal growth and ability to change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. Hospital/Departmental Policies and Procedures: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes of patient care, employee rights and responsibilities.
4. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities within the departmental level.
5. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
6. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration.
7. Job Specific: Performs functions as assigned to position.
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. Medical terminology.
Certified OR Tech with Experience
The Operating Room Technician assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties, according to standards and policies of the center. Is responsible for assisting the surgeon, helping in the central sterile processing department, restocking and changing over rooms between procedures. Performs housekeeping duties as necessary and assists in maintenance of all supplies.
Assists with and delivers safe, effective intra-operative nursing care until patient is transferred from the operating room suite.
1. Ensures patient comfort and safety measures are maintained.
2. Anticipates special needs, equipment and supplies for the patient relative to an accurate physical assessment of the patient by a nurse.
3. Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery checking supplies, equipment, and instrumentation.
4. Assists in preparing the operative room between cases, as necessary.
5. Assists in assuring the availability of adequate supplies and instruments for posted cases and assists in opening room in a sterile environment.
6. Utilizes surgeon preference cards to check with each case and updates as needed.
7. Assists the surgeon during a surgical procedure with a high degree of efficiency, anticipating physician and patient needs during the case.
Interacts with patients, fellow employees, physicians, and other customers in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
1. Assist in orienting new staff members to the OR suites and central processing decontam and sterile areas.
2. Shares knowledge with co-workers through open communication.
3. Follows chain of command regarding intra or interdepartmental issues.
4. Evaluates suggestions objectively, accepts constructive criticism, and seeks guidance when needed.
Supports the center’s mission by dependability in attendance, punctuality, the timely completion of care and other assignments, resource and information management, and attention to principles of quality service.
Maintains and improves skills and knowledge appropriate for position, personal growth, and for enhancement of patient care.
Assists in daily maintenance of the department, in completing monthly work assignment sheet, restocking, pull cases for the next day, and maintaining equipment in good working order. Utilizes non-chargeable items in a cost-effective manner.
Understands and effectively implements “Best Practices, Risk Management, and Quality Improvement Programs.
Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies and HIPAA requirements.
1 - 3 years experience required.
Excellent communication skills
High School Diploma/GED
Operating Room and/or Endoscopy/GI experience preferred
Must be able to:
Stand for up to 8 hour (s) per daySit up to 8 hour (s) per dayWalk for up to 2 hours per dayPerform repetitive tasks / motionsDistinguish colorsHear alarms / telephone / tape recorder /normal speaking voiceHave good manual dexterityHave good eye - hand - foot coordinationHave corrected clarity of vision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stoop, reach, walk, handle, feel, talk, hear, and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include far vision and depth perception. This position also frequently requires kneeling and the ability to see items close up. This position requires the ability to lift approximately 25 pounds, carry approximately 15 pounds, and be able to push and pull approximately 125 pounds with the use of rollers (stretchers and wheelchairs).