HCA’s job application system is temporarily offline for a system upgrade. We hope to have it back up and available some time today. You may still search for jobs, but you will NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY ONLINE.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. Assembles instrument trays according to count sheets, documents missing items as appropriate.
2. Prioritizes tray completion based on customer needs .
3. Performs job tasks in a way that insures proper sterilization.
4. Operates sterilizers and aerators to insure proper sterilization.
5. Receives and decontaminates soiled instrumentation .
6. Prepares all instrumentation for sterilization according to recognized standards.
7. Receives ,distributes, tracks, delivers , and decontaminates all equipment.
8. Adheres to established quality control protocol and infection control policies.
9. Communicates effectively with CS Managers, supervisor, staff, and other customers, including use of proper telephone etiquette.
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Preferred - Has worked in related health care field for at least 6 months.
Experience in Central Sterile Supply department to include: Proper identification of instruments and preparation of trays for OR use for a 1 year.
Required - High School Graduate or GED completion:
Preferred - Certified CS Technician