HCA’s job application system is temporarily offline for a system upgrade. We hope to have it back up and available some time today. You may still search for jobs, but you will NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY ONLINE.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
*1 Repairs heating/air condition equipment.
*2 Repairs control/circuits.
*3 Repairs refrigeration equipment.
*4 Performs water treatment on cooling towers and loops.
5 Performs PMI’S on HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
6 Performs filter operation checks and replacement.
7 Performs assigned area sweeps.
8 Other duties as assigned.
Required - 3 years experience on installation and repair of HVAC in a commercial setting
Preferred - 3 years experience on installation and repair of HVAC in a Hospital setting
Required -High school/GED graduate.
- Trade school on HVAC systems/Certified CFC requirements.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1 Daily – Empties trash containers on the grounds and parking decks and correctly disposes of the trash.
2. Daily – Picks up debris from all drives, parking and green areas.
3. Weekly – Sweeps drives, parking areas and decks utilizing motorized sweeper (will require after hours work schedule).
4. Informs Plant Operations Manager or Director of improvements, repairs or changes to the grounds that need to be addressed.
5. Monitors contracted grounds management company and reports performance to the Plant Operations Manager or Director.
6. Requests and stocks supply items.
7. Assists hospital maintenance mechanic with his duties on days when whether conditions prevents him from performing his outside duties.
Required - 1-2 years as a Groundskeeper
Preferred – Previous experience with building repair
Required - High school or GED
Preferred - Trade school training
1. Security officers are to lock and unlock specified doors located throughout the facility.
2. Security officers are to make regular patrols throughout the hospital to ensure the safety of our staff and guest. (A minimum of 4 patrols should be made during an 8 hour shift, calls permitting). This will include the hospital parking areas.
3. Security officers will assist guest who require motorist assistance. This will include jump starts and assisting in changing tires if necessary. If unable to render assistance due to the nature of the problem, the security officer will assist the guest in contacting additional assistance. This should consist of making sure that the guest is taken to a phone and will have a safe place in which to wait for additional help to arrive.
4. Security officers should be on the look out for any criminal activity on hospital property and take appropriate action if any such activity is found.
5. Security officers are to respond to calls received either via radio or phone in a timely manner. If the occasion of multiple calls coming in close to the same time occurs, the security officer will prioritize the calls and answer them in the order of importance.
6. Security officers will maintain vigilance for potential hazardous situations and report any if found to the appropriate hospital personnel.
7. Security officers will, if needed, provide escorts for personnel to their vehicles.
8. Security officers will from time to time need to release valet keys from the valet booth after normal valet operating hours.
9. Security officers will release bodies from the morgue to the proper funeral home or removal service.
10. Security officers will respond to various alarms and take appropriate action.
11. Security officers are expected to be courteous and helpful to visitors and guest.
12. Security officers are required to get their DCJS certification for security officer by passing a DCJS program. If the officer fails to complete and pass the program then this will result in a loss of position.
13. Security officer must be able to complete and pass the Crisis Prevention program which requires the ability to use physical techniques to restrain patients (non-violently). These techniques are designed to protect the safety of staff and patient.
14. Security officer must be able to assist law enforcement with restraining violent subjects who are in police custody. Security officer must be able to operate handcuffs and pass the handcuff exam.
15. Each security officer must possess a DCJS certification within 6 months of their hire date. As well as, completing and passing the Crisis Prevention Certification course (CPI) and the Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officers program (IAHSS).
Certified Security Officer
Previous Police Officer Experience Preferred
Certified Security Officer Training or Police Training
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
*1 Performs repairs to interior and exterior surfaces.
*2 Performs renovations to patient or support areas.
3 Maintains hospital in a safe and orderly fashion.
*4 Installs wall vinyl, paints surfaces.
5 Orders material needed to complete projects.
6 Performs assigned area sweeps.
7 Other duties as assigned.
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required - 2 years work history as a painter, vinyl installer.
Preferred - 2 years experience in a commercial environment.
Required - High school graduate.
Preferred - Vocational school training.