HCA’s job application system is temporarily offline for a system upgrade. We hope to have it back up and available some time today. You may still search for jobs, but you will NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY ONLINE.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. Promptly answers all incoming and assist in placing out-going calls.
2. Overhead pages appropriate personnel.
3. Responds to code phone or code wall panel alarms, which takes priority over any calls except the fire alarm, making sure that appropriate personnel are notified.
4. Monitors fire panel alarms and phones where applicable, contacting the fire department and appropriate personnel when needed.
5. Responsible for greeting all hospital visitors and providing accurate hospital directions; and locates patient room numbers in the computer system and directs visitor appropriately and appropriately handles hospital visitor questions and complaints, seeking guidance from Director of Security as appropriate.
6. Places and processes long distance and Watts Line Calls for various departments and doctors' offices.
7. Assists patient rooms by advising how to place local and long distance calls and assisting extensions in determining proper billing in getting outside lines.
8. Responsible for processing, forwarding and delivery of patient mail and flowers with assistance from volunteer staff.
9. Keeps current files on daily PBX operations.
10. Responsible for completion of miscellaneous assignments that may include copying of ID’s and insurance cards and the like under the Director of the Director of Security.
11. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
12. Travels to other campuses as needed to help provide coverage.
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required – 2 to 5 years experience switchboard operator/customer service experience.
Required – High school diploma/GED. Medical terminology a plus.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists with daily functions of Perinatal department operations to include answering phones, reception and file maintenance. Purges Perinatal files annually.
2. Files and maintains Perinatal patient records, researches information and/or retrieves patient records and files.
3. Covers registration duties weekly and as needed for HDH Perinatal Dept. Also provides back up registration coverage for Johnston Willis and Chippenham Perinatal Centers for vacation and illness when needed.
4. Assists with scheduling new patients and patient follow up visits daily. Covers the scheduling for all Perinatal
Departments when market scheduler is sick or on vacation.
5. Maintains office and lab supplies, placing regular orders and follows up on delivery.
6. Assist with physician orders.
7. Types memos, statistical information, manuscripts, correspondence, policies and procedures for Perinatal Clinical Coordinator.
8. Assists with compiling monthly STATS and other data / reports as needed.
9. Accepts additional responsibility from the Perinatal Director and Clinical Coordinator as necessary.
10. Completes monthly and quarterly audits in timely manner
11. Assists HDH, JW and Chipp Perinatal Departments with insurance pre-certs as needed.
The Women's Diagnostic Ctr Registrar must be available during variable shifts in the day and evening (on an as needed basis) to be considered for this position.
Required - Minimum of two to three years secretarial experience with increased responsibilities and knowledge of medical terminology.
Preferred - Minimum of five years secretarial experience in a hospital setting.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent telephone etiquette.
Ability to type well and use computer applications (excel, word and outlook)
Required - High School Graduate with some secretarial courses.
Preferred - Two years college with concentration in secretarial skills and medical terminology.